Author Topic: Dolls made from TPE  (Read 5414 times)

blasters714

• Resident
  • DOGS RULE!!
Dolls made from TPE
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »
I'd like to get info from members who own dolls made from TPE(thermoplastic elastomer).
Does TPE hold up over time?
Does it require more maintenance?

So many of the doll makers claim their dolls are silicone when they are really TPE,so getting info from them can't be reliable.
I want to know if it is an acceptable(cheaper cost) alternative to silicone.
Dolls are people too!

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Lone Star living
Re: Dolls made from TPE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »
As far as I know, only Mimicon makes TPE dolls.

I can verify as an eye witness that Abyss, Sinthetics and Ruby13 use silicone. Which dolls did you think were TPE?

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

belshanar

• Retired Diplomat
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
That material was not a good one for dolls. At least not when I had a doll torso from mimicom made out of the stuff. The whole body just sagged, and was also highly susceptible to compression lines. Sadly, the sagging and compression lines could not be remedied.

To be fair this was nine years ago, so possibly things have changed, but I don't expect it to have changed.

Also, I am curious as to which dolls are made out of TPE. I'm not aware of any.
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Freja (Willow head); Yuki (Kimiko head); Alicia head.

blasters714

• Resident
  • DOGS RULE!!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Beautiful Doll(full size) and Hitdoll use TPE in their dolls. Hitdoll states on their website that they use TPE(They call it a macro-molecule silicone). BD lists their  full-size dolls as being silicone,but if you ask them they will tell you it's TPE.
Dolls are people too!

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:21 AM »
Beautiful Doll(full size) and Hitdoll use TPE in their dolls. Hitdoll states on their website that they use TPE(They call it a macro-molecule silicone). BD lists their  full-size dolls as being silicone,but if you ask them they will tell you it's TPE.

Who the heck makes Beautiful Dolls and Hitdoll?  Are these real manufacturers?  The only references I could find came from a less reputable forum source.

mydreamdolls

• New Resident
    • http://www.aliexpress.com/store/212414
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »
Hi,Blaster, we make TPE material dolls and we are factory directly selling.
Acturally TPE is more softer than Silicone material and the anti-tearing rate is raising a lot these years,
If you would like to understand more info, we can send you some pictures and PDF file for your view.
Looking foward your further inquiry~ :D

I'd like to get info from members who own dolls made from TPE(thermoplastic elastomer).
Does TPE hold up over time?
Does it require more maintenance?

So many of the doll makers claim their dolls are silicone when they are really TPE,so getting info from them can't be reliable.
I want to know if it is an acceptable(cheaper cost) alternative to silicone.
Dolls are everything!!!
They are not only dolls, but our good accompanies sometimes...
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/212414

blasters714

• Resident
  • DOGS RULE!!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »

Who the heck makes Beautiful Dolls and Hitdoll?  Are these real manufacturers?  The only references I could find came from a less reputable forum source.

Z-DR,
 As far as I know they are real manufacturers. I'll let you know as I bought a one-owner 'Beautiful Doll',so if she arrives we will have our answer. What is the less reputable forum source you speak of?
Dolls are people too!

kheldar14

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »
Beautiful Doll seems to be a reseller. I think they have 1am and Hitdoll dolls on their website.
Would be good to know what these dolls are really made of. I'm seeing different things from everyone.

http://www.hitdoll.com/SiteFiles/Inner/page.aspx?s=37

http://iamdolls.com/